It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, male or female, acne is a problem that everyone has. It can pop up at anytime and can be caused by a number of different reasons. It can be hard to figure out what causes acne and how to prevent it. Here are some ways that you may be causing acne upon yourself and how you can stop it.
1) Using make-up with ingredients that can cause irritation. You should avoid products that contain artificial color, artificial fragrance, lanolin, mineral oil, petroleum, and isopropyl myristate. Artificial color is found in products like lipstick and blush, and can cause breakouts around the mouth and on the cheeks. Artificial fragrance can cause breakouts and skin irritation because your skin is sensitive to certain smells. Lanolin, petroleum, and mineral oil are all forms of oil. They can be good if you have overly dry skin, but if your skin is oily, it will cause more oil to form in your pores, which creates zits. Isopropyl myristate is a product used in toners that can make your skin feel less greasy, when in reality it is clogging your pores. If you stay clear of these ingredients, it will help you to have acne free skin.
2) Over drying your face. If you have oily skin, you tend to dry it out to get rid of the excess oil. Well, your skin will correct itself throughout the day if it is dry, so be drying out your skin you are actually producing more oil on your face. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water, and use a mattifying moisturizer. It will soak up the excess oil on your face, with out drying it out.
3) Pressure. By constantly touching your face, or having something constantly exposed to your face, you are allowing the bacteria on the object to be forced onto your skin and into its pores. This will cause breakouts to form. Clean things you touch often, such as your hands, sheets, and pillow cases. It will help to minimize bacteria growth and keep it from going onto your skin.
4) Stress Pressure. If you are constantly stressed out, this causes your hormone levels to rise, especially the ones that cause acne. Find ways to relax yourself and minimize the stress in your life. Your skin, body, and mind will all thank you.
5) Laundry. You always wash your clothes after wearing them once or sometimes twice, the same thing applies for your sheets, pillows, and towels. Your pillow especially holds tons of bacteria and dead skin cells, that you are lying on every night. Wash your pillow cases 1-2 times a week. After you shower, be sure to use a new towel every time, if you don’t, you are just putting all the dead skin cells, and germs back onto your body from your previous shower. Also you should wash your sheets once a week as well.
6) Hair Products. Women and men alike both use hair products, and if your hair is long enough to touch your face, it transfers those products onto your face and pillows. Be sure to wash your hair every night before you go to bed. Avoid hair products that contain oil, silicone’s and plasticize-rs. They will weigh your hair down and clog your pores as well.
I hope you follow these tips and check the products you are using. They may be what is causing your acne, and could be the solution. Here is to healthy, acne free skin.