Having nice hands and feet are not just something women should be concerned about, men should be concerned too! Having nice, clean nails shows that you take pride in how you look, and care about good hygiene. Although going to a spa is the best way to have great looking nails, here are some tips for men and women on keeping your hands and feet looking great all year round, and in between visits to the spa.
1) Having dirty finger nails is one of the biggest turn offs. Washing your hands does not always get rid of the dirt. Buy a nail brush, and while you are in the shower, scrub your nails and toe nails with soap and water. It will remove the excess dirt and leave your hands sparkling clean. But to get a full effect, visit a spa once a month to get a manicure. For the men, you do not have to have your nails painted. The nail tech will file your nails so they are smooth, push back and trim your dead cuticles, and buff out your nails. And some places you get a hand massage. It really is a nice treat, and your nails will be much nicer looking.
2) Properly cutting your nails. When cutting your nails, make sure you cut them so the edges are rounded and not pointy. Having rounded edges, will keep you from scratching yourself, and catching it on things. After you have cut all of your nails to the same length, file them. Filing your nails keeps the free edge smooth, and nicely finished.
3) Keeping your hands soft and smooth. Anyone who uses their hands on a daily basis, tends to build up calluses or have dryness. If you have callused hands try this: fill up a bowl with warm water and mix in some olive oil, about 2-3 tablespoons. Soak your hands for 5-10 minutes each day. You will notice your calluses becoming softer and smoother after 1-2 weeks. If your hands tend to be really dry, apply lotion through-out the day. It will help keep moisture in them and give them an added softness. Also when the weather starts to get colder, always wear gloves outside. It will help to keep them from drying out because of the wind, and lack of moisture in the air.
1) Cutting your toe nails. Nobody likes being up, close, and personal with gross feet, especially if you have really long toe nails. You should cut your toe nails every other week. When cutting your toe nails, make sure they are completely dry. Cutting them while wet, can cause ripping. Make sure you use a large set of clippers, they are made for cutting toe nails, and make sure that when you cut them, you do not cut past the white of your nail. It can cause you a lot of pain, and possible bleeding.
2) Get a pedicure! Everybody is on their feet all day long. Being on your feet develops calluses, and roughness. Once a month you should treat yourself to a pedicure. They will scrub your feet and smooth out your calluses. It is very relaxing, and your feet will not only feel great after, but look great as well. If you do not want to go to a spa, then buy a pumas stone to use in the shower on a daily basis. When calluses are wet, they are easier to remove. Although smooth, soft feet are not common for most men, if you really care about the look of your feet you can soak them in warm water for 5-10 minutes, then use the pumas stone to file them. Apply lotion afterwards so they are soft to the touch.
3) Stinky feet. Having smelly feet is definitely a big turn off. To attract the opposite sex, be sure to always wash your feet after you get home from work or the gym. And always put clean socks on, even if you just had them on for an hour or two. Your feet sweat all throughout the day, so if you feel like your feet are sweaty it may be time to change your socks.
I hope these tips help you to have great looking and feeling hands and feet, but remember to visit a spa or salon near you, and treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure at least once a month!