Every women is always worried about aging. And they are wondering why they cannot age like the stars. Well, you can if you use the proper make-up techniques. Here are 5 ways you can apply your make-up to make your-self look younger, and better than ever.
1. Lighten up your Foundation. When you use a dry or heavy foundation, it can exaggerate your wrinkles. Avoid using matte foundations. Look for a foundation that has moisturizer in it, subtle coverage (if you have age spots), and has a light- reflecting pigments. It will add that natural glow, which is common in younger women. When applying your foundation, be sure to blend it in down your neck, and even into your chest. It will give a much more even coverage.
2. Use a serious Concealer for Dark Circles. Using a small amount of concealer might seem to do the trick, but after a few hours the dark circles will begin to show threw. As you begin to age, your eye area becomes thinner and more hollowed, which can make it harder to hide shadows. Apply a thick concealer in the inner corners then dot it all across your eye hollow. Blend well.
3. Learn a Contouring Trick. Bronzer isn’t just for keeping up that beautiful tan in the colder months, it is used by professionals to downplay on saggy cheeks, jowls, and necks. When you look for a good bronzer, make sure it has a matte finish, and that is not orange. Apply the bronzer in a sweeping motion, under your cheekbones, chin and along the jawline. IT provides an instant visual of a nip and tuck. After apply a soft powder to prevent the bronzer from looking striped, and making it well blended. This is the best way to give yourself a tan without aging your skin.
4. Switch to a Cream Blush. After you hit 40, your skin becomes duller and flatter than in its more youthful days. Using a powdered blush will only bring out the dullness. Using a cream blush, will add a youthful appearance to dry, mature skin, by never settling into fine lines. When applying, do not apply straight across your cheeks. It will give you a dated look, and make you appear even older. Instead, apply to the apples of your cheeks, and blend into your hairline. It will keep you looking young and fresh faced.
5. Give your Lids a Lift. Many things begin to sag and drop with age, including your eyelids. An easy way to help your eyes look less saggy is by using eye shadow. Pick an eye shadow in a cream, peach, beige, or light gold tone. It will give the illusion that you had an eye lift. Make sure you use a matte color, because anything with a shimmer can make lines that criss-cross, which will just make your eyes look worse.
Try these simple make-up tips. They will leave people guessing your age, and never believing it when you tell them. Thanks for reading!