Lipstick is becoming a big fashion statement. Women are using all sorts of different colors for there lips to make them stand out. There are no colors that some women won’t try to make an outfit come together or to add a pop of color. Here are 6 different lipstick trends that are sure to make a statement.
1. Glossy Lips. Orange lips are more of a retro trend that is making it’s way back. You can make it even more trendy by adding a gloss over the orange lipstick. The gloss gives a more futuristic feel, to enhance the retro orange. This look can be great for day or night, and be sure to add extra gloss on the center of the bottom lip. It is were the light will catch the shine the most.
2. Pucker Lips. To get the look of fuller lips without actually getting injections, exfoliate around your lips. When you are exfoliating the rest of your face, be sure to do right around your lip lines. Then line your lips with lip liner that matches the lipstick you are planning to wear. (I recommend red) After you have applied your lipstick, use a thin line of highlighter around the upper lip. It will really enhance your lip color and give an appearance of fuller, beautiful lips.
3. Lip Cleavage. Lip cleavage is a big runway trend for 2013. It is used to add a dramatic edge to a daytime outfit. Use a lip liner and create a dramatic heart-shaped lip line that draws down to the corners of your mouth, ad trace the outline of your bottom lip as normal. Cover the rest of your lips with lipstick. To clean up any excess liner, use a lip brush dabbed in concealer. It will help finish off your perfect lip shape. This is the finished look.
4. Fuchsia Lips. Fuchsia lips are not for the shy and timid. They are made to stand out and make a statement. With fuchsia lips, you start by outlining your lips with a liner, then add the lipstick. Use a lip brush to blend the liner into the lipstick so there are no harsh lines, and go over the lined part of your lips with a lip brush as well. It will smooth everything out so it all blends beautifully together.
5. Berry Lip Stain. A lip stain is achieved by using a lip pencil instead of a lipstick. Use a lip balm or chapstick to prep your lips before adding the pencil. It makes the lips easier to line and fill. Next pick a berry lip pencil and line your lips. Then fill in the rest of your lips using the pencil. To add fullness, add more color to the corners of your mouth. Finish off with a light lip gloss, just to add a touch of shine.
6. The Heart Art Lips. Another right off the runway, retro trend that is making its way back into style. This trend is created with bright, fun, lip colors. Use a lip liner to outline your lips. Use a lip brush and quick, short, strokes, use lipstick to create a heart in the center of your lips. Using your top lip as the top of the heart and bottom lip for the bottom of the heart. The bottom lip does not have to end perfectly like a heart does. Then use a lip brush to fill in around the heart with the same color that you used as a liner. This is an example of the finished look. This trend is for people that are very fashion forward, and like to make a big statement.
These are six different lip trends that are right off the runway, retro, and just new in style for 2013. Give one a try and you never know, you may have a new look that you love to rock.