Treatments can be great for your hair, and should be done once a week if you have damage to your hair. If you do not use the proper treatment for your hair type, it can end up having negative effects like to much oil, frizzy hair, and dry hair. Here are some treatments you can try at home for in between salon visits.
1. Basic Treatment. A basic treatment is one that works for all hair types. In the shower, apply a deep conditioner from the mid shaft of your hair to the ends. Let it sit on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse. If you have damaged hair from excessive coloring, or using to many heat products on it, let it sit in a towel after a shower for 10 extra minutes then rinse. You will have softer feeling hair. For best results do this treatment about once a week.
2. Fine Hair Treatment. If you have fine hair, using anything that is heavy and with lots of oils will weigh your hair down. Use a deep conditioning treatment, that has a volume booster. It will keep your hair soft, but when you go to style it, it will help you add the volume you desire. Do not use this too often because it will cause your hair to build up excess oil. Start out using it once a week for one month, then do every other week.
3. Medium to Thick Hair Treatment. Look for products that have natural oils in them. Oils like avocado, argan, coconut, sunflower, or almond will help to repair damaged hair. They will also help give a natural shine, and help your hair to grow stronger. Use this treatment as often as you find necessary but no more then once a week.
4. Coarse Hair Treatment. Every morning, use a quarter sized amount of an all natural oil to smooth the ends of your hair, and make easier for styling. Once a week use a deep scalp and hair mask, preferably once that nourishes the hair. It will help to smooth down and make your hair softer, so it is easier to manage and style.
5. Colored Hair Treatments. If you color your hair, it is more damaged then it would be normally. To help restrengthen your hair, use treatments that are enriched in keratin. The keratin soaks into the hair shaft, adding moisture back into the hair. For a greater effect, add the oil based treatment to your conditioner and let it sit on for 10 to 15 minutes so it can really soak in. Do this once a week and your hair will start to feel and look much healthier.
Try these treatments to help repair the damage that is done to your hair on a daily basis. You will soon have healthier looking and feeling hair.